President Obama on the swine flu outbreak…
- “heightened state of alert”
- “public health emergency”
- “not a cause for alarm”
There’s a lack of consistency in the president’s swine flu message. This is the gaffe-like language we expect from Joe Biden, not Barack Obama. Hints for the president on issuing future swine flu pandemic announcements:
- Use consistent language. Don’t sell me swine flu doom and gloom and FUD in one breath and tell me not to worry in the next.
- Educate about swine flu. Don’t scare. People are worthless when they’re scared. Tell people to wash their hands or something.
- Regularity. Nobody likes it when they don’t take a dump for a few days. So tell us what’s up every day. If the swine flu outbreak is really a public health emergency, I want you talking to me about it every day.
- Wear a mask. Lead by example. How incredible would it be to see the president of the USA wearing a blue surgical mask on TV talking about swine flu? Sure, it’d cause panic in the streets, but at least it’ll work a little faster than the current Obama swine flu message. Who even knows what he’s trying to do?
The president (and his aides) should be telling people how to avoid swine flu. What are the swine flu symptoms, etc. I know it’s not typically the “job” of the prez to do that sort of thing, but you have to admit, it’d be better than saying what he’s already said about swine flu.
Swine flu tracker is just getting started. More newsy posts to follow, unless you prefer the Obama bashing.